A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Top 10 reasons to Run 10-miles

Here's my Top Ten reasons to run 10-miles

10. New Running Shoes...



9. Ice Cream! And lots of it!


8. Getting out of "household duties" (ie: cooking, dishes, etc...) - "uh, gotta run 5-miles today" :)



7. Excuse for "Extra" Nap-time




6. Getting to run with 27,000 of your closest friends



5. Post-Run Massage...


4. "Free" T-Shirt...


3. That "feel good" feeling that you donated money for a good cause...



2. You get a FINISHER'S MEDAL! (eventually...)

.
...and the NUMBER ONE reason...
.
1. A sense of accomplishment that you can't buy or acquire - you only EARN!
.
"The miracle is not that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham
.
"It doesn't matter what's ahead of you or behind you, what matters is what's inside of you." - anonymous

2 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

I love those shoes. Are they really yours or just a pic? And yeah! You got your medal. Good for you :)





MMmmmmmm, ice cream. Gotta go raid the freezer. :)

Mariann said...

Ok - those are my shoes, but mine have a magenta trim, not blue.

And no, I did not get my medal yet - I just found a pic of someone elses...:(

Sad, sad times.