A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

A New Year - A Size healthier!


I'm back!

Bigger and better than ever (metaphorically speaking).

I was able to maintain the weightloss that I have obtained throughout this holiday season that included a cruise to the Bahamas (see the obligatory dolphin-hugging photo), a trip home to eat lots of my mom's homemade goodies and a week of sickness (maybe bronchitis). I didn't make it to any gyms, but did a lot of walking on the cruise and some very good food choices.

Since I am now somewhat back into the routine of doing LIFE (you know, working, sleeping on a schedule, etc...), I am also back into the routine of going to the gym during my lunch hour. I have been taking it a bit easy over this week - just doing the cardio thing. The goal - burn 300 calories. Starting next week, I will incorporate strength training into the routine. I've actually been dreaming of doing crunches and anything that would have to do with the abs. I don't know what it is...

I am going to adopt Queen Latifah's slogan, "A size healthier!" That's my 2009 goal - a size healthier!

2 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

Welcome back to real life. We're getting there, slowly but surely!

And I love that pic of you - so pretty :)

Would love to catch up soon. Take care of you in the meantime!

FatGirl said...

One thing I've found makes a difference with endurance, strength, and inch loss is the 30 Day Shred video by Jillian Michaels. I LOVE it. I rotate it into my weekly fitness routine to try to keep my body guessing.