A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Where's the Pain Killers?

I did my first strength training workout in over a week yesterday. Today, I'm feeling it!

It didn't seem like we did much, but I guess it was enough!

We started out by doing the longest walk - with hand weights (20 steps - 3times). I could feel the muscles in my butt by the second set. Today, I feel them even without moving them.

In between each set, we did 12-15 shoulder lifts. 10 lbs. That's it - and I could barely lift them. My shoulders were screaming.

Our second group of exercises included 15 push-ups and 15 dead-weight row lifts. I was able to do all 15 push-ups and the 15 lifts (45 lbs weight) for all 3 sets. But today, my chest is killing me.

Final activity - abs!. I did only 2 sets, 15 each of ball crunches and reverse crunches on the bench. My stomach was burning and still is!

Only a few exercises and my body is paying the toll!

So, where are those pain killers?

No comments: