A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Monday, November 2, 2009

Today...I Ran.

Today...I ran.

It was only for half a mile, but I ran. I got up and decided ... today is the day I will run. I donned my running gear and took-off out the door, past the driveway and down the road. The goal - 1/2 mile. Run straight, run hard. No slowing. No complaining. No worrying about the burning tightening in my chest from my lungs. Just run. And that's what I did.

My heart was racing. My lungs were wheezing...my breathing, labored. But that's ok. Now that I'm at home typing this blog (and catching my breath), I realize "THAT WASN'T SO BAD!".

I've been fighting with some "demons" in my mind and in my body for way too long. It's time to stop allowing them to control me and take control.

Man's biggest fear is not heights or depths, not spiders or bees...it's what's inside them. My biggest fear is facing my own thoughts, my own fears, my own insufficiencies, my own incapacity to accomplish anything. Something about sitting in your home for hours, days, weeks, even months...there's no more running away...it's time to face my biggest fear - MYSELF.

That's what brings me to where I'm at today. I'm facing my fears and failures. I'm no longer allowing them to cage me inside my own self. It's time to get out - TO RUN - to push through the fears and even the pain...to find in the end, I am not a failure. I am not caged...

I AM FREE!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Congratulations! You rock. The first day is always the hardest. Keep up the good work. Make sure you are stretching after your runs to help with soreness and reduce risk of injury.

Amit said...

Good job! Glad to see you are back to posting on here as well!

Amit