A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Setting Goals...

I love to set goals. I can't help it. There's just something about setting a goal with action steps that you can measure and ultimately, achieve your goal.

With that in mind, I have signed up for the Lehigh Valley Half Marathon on April 26th. I started my 16 weeks of training tonight. I have a whole chart with when to run and how fast and when to rest and do nothing (my favorite days). In the meanwhile, I just might see some pounds fade away into the past to never return again!

I started counting the calories that I am consuming - watching carefully to balance my diet. I won't starve myself, but I WILL make good choices. As I'm typing this blog, I am eating a healthy grilled chicken salad with walnuts and green apples while smelling the wonderful aroma of pancakes that my roommate is making. She is so mean!

But that's ok.

I'm a big loser!
Speaking of Big Loser, my favorite show is on in a few minutes, "The Biggest Loser". It makes for a great reality show, as long as all the whiners get voted off in the first few weeks.

Back to goals. I ran 2 miles tonight. I squeezed into my spandex and went to the Middle School track to put in my mileage. I ran it under the suggested time by the "chart". I did my lap warm-up - 2 miles of running - lap cool down. It felt great. No aches or pains to complain about, at least not yet.

I checked in on the scale this morning - lost 1.4 lbs! We're on the way to 5 lbs in January!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Mariann,
That is so great! I want to do the half marathon too! Where is it going to be? So excited for you as you embark on this journey. One of my resolutions this year is to be more disciplined in exercise and reading more books!
Blessings,
Shannon

Mariann said...

Hey - the half is in Allentown, but you better sign-up now. It might be sold out. It's the Lehigh Valley Half Marathon.