A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Friday, June 17, 2011

And Yet the Carrot Doth still Dangle...

In this seemingly looooong weight loss journey of mine, I have been chasing after this carrot that has dangled before me for what seems like forever!  I have found myself getting closer and closer, but yet to have reached it.

This carrot - ONE-derland - a land where the number "2" no longer precedes my weight and I am in "1" derful weightloss bliss!

After a long weekend of women bonding in the Poconos and trying to recover from a week of using a horrible weight-increasing steroid, I stepped on the scale to see how bad the "damage" was so that I could recalibrate my strategies for the week in order to get a decent number at this week's weigh-in.

I have to say, I stepped on the scale...then, I saw the carrot, dancing, tantalizing, taunting, teasing...

I could feel it brushing the tips of my fingers as I strained forward to grab it, but it was just out of reach that I could not grab it.  BLAST IT ALL!

That darn scale was like "nanny nanny boo boo" to me...as my current weight flashed on the display...

                               200.00 lbs.

I checked again ... 200.00. 

Man!  The carrot is a tricky little thing!  I hate it and love it all at the same time.  Yes, I'm the closest I've ever been to hitting One-derland, but I might as well still be miles away!  At least that's how it felt.

But as the journey continues, I will recalibrate, I will re-adjust.  That blasted carrot is JUICE by this time next week!  Mark my words.

But for now...

...the Carrot Doth still Dangle...

No comments: